Friday 23 September 2011

Brad Pitt: Jennifer Aniston Is "Good People"

Brad Pitt: Jennifer Aniston Is "Good People"

It was the quote heard round the world. Last week, Brad Pitt opened up to Parade magazine about his former marriage to Jennifer Aniston -- and his comments weren't exactly well-received. "I think that my marriage had something to do with (my problems)," he said of the boredom he felt at the end of the '90s. "Trying to pretend the marriage was something that it wasn't."

As expected, Pitt came to regret that quote immediately, and responded to backlash by issuing a statement saying that his comments had been misinterpreted. Now, the 47-year-old Moneyball star is speaking out about the quote again, telling Today's Matt Lauer that his ex is "good people" and that the media totally missed the point. Watch the interview below!
 



"My point was the best thing I've done as a father is to ensure that my kids have a good mother. That's all I was or am trying to say," Pitt said in the interview, which aired Thursday morning. "It has no reference to the past, and I think that it's a shame that I can't say something nice about Angie (Jolie) without Jen being drug in. She doesn't deserve it."

To be fair, Pitt made the comments on his marriage to Aniston after he'd told Parade that he's now a "satisfied man" with his children and his relationship with longtime partner Angelina Jolie.

Still, in the Today interview, Pitt seemed resolved to the fact that his quotes are likely to be misconstrued no matter how careful he is about what he says.

"It happens with me every cycle," he said. "My point is, I just wanted to say, that (Aniston's) good people. There should be a statute of limitations on this thing."

When Lauer offered to read the quote from the Parade piece to Pitt, the actor quickly stopped him. "No, I, you know, please don't read it... Because I don't read these things, by choice, I don't. I don't wanna be encumbered by any of that," he said. "I know my intentions, and I know what I believe, and I know things get misconstrued. I live outside of that, and it's much healthier."

Regardless, Pitt insists that the last thing he wants it to breed any negativity toward his ex. "I don't want them saying anything bad like that about Jen. She's a dear friend of mine," Pitt said. And while Brad hasn't spoken to Jen since the Parade article ran, he's confident that a "seasoned veteran" like her can handle the media hoopla.

"She's a valuable person," he saiad. "We spent seven years together, you don't... come on."

So what has Pitt learned from this experience? "Don't talk," he told Lauer. "I don't wanna live on guard and I should be more on guard, I guess... it's always been a part of the territory. I've got a knack for stepping into s***. And it's OK. It's alright."

Source: http://www.ivillage.com/brad-pitt-jennifer-aniston-good-people/1-a-384964

Charisma Carpenter Charli Baltimore Charlies Angels Charlize Theron Chelsea Handler

No comments:

Post a Comment